From the folks at Genworth:
Genworth Financial-Richmond-VA (RP14653)
Resumes may be sent to email@example.com
The Manager of Digital Service Strategy will set the strategic direction and support the execution of the US Life Insurance’s digital servicing experience. This person must have a proven record of bringing together Technology, Marketing, Sales, Operations and Analytics to drive an improved user experience and deliver tangible business results.
• Setting the vision for US Life Insurance’s digital servicing experience aligned with the strategic objectives of the business
• Generating, shaping and prioritizing ideas and defining a digital servicing agenda to deliver on this vision
• Direct oversight to key digital programs / projects and overall accountability for the portfolio of work on the digital servicing agenda
• Ensuring the current and future digital servicing experience meets all legal, compliance, and security policies / procedures specific to the US Life Insurance and known industry-wide best practices
• Nurturing relationships and facilitating forums with business and functional leaders to gain input and advocates for the digital agenda
• Developing hypotheses leveraging information-based analyses to understand trends, gaps and opportunities for improving the digital servicing experience
• Providing leadership, subject matter expertise and direction to a cross-functional team of business analysts, project managers, developers and testers
• Building effective partnership across businesses and functions, including Technology, Marketing, Operations, Sales, Brand, Legal, and other key stakeholders
• B.A. / B.S. or the equivalent working experience in business management, marketing, or related field
• 2-3 years of experience leading cross-functional teams in the development and execution of digital capabilities
• Able to manage multiple programs / projects and associated resources
• Strong analytical skills
• Proven problem solving and strategic thinker
• Strong teamwork, communication, influencing skills across all levels
• Strong organizational, planning and time management skills
• MBA or the equivalent working experience in business management, marketing, or related field
• Experience in Financial Services
• 1-3 years of experience as a people manager
• Experience with User Experience (UX) design, user-centered design methodologies, information architecture, and other usability-related fields
• Experience with Abode CQ5 and SiteCatalyst
• Experience working in Agile
• Experience in mobile strategy development and delive
Here’s a new job opportunity from Udig. It’s a direct hire position with the base salary ranging from $65-$80K. For more info, or to submit your resume and portfolio, contact Andy Tullo (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Our cutting edge client in the digital space is expanding its User Experience team and has an immediate full-time position available for a User Experience Architect on their team. The successful candidate will have 2-3 years of experience working on client facing projects and will join a team of highly experienced UX professionals. This is a unique opportunity to join an exciting company and work alongside some of the DC area’s best UX minds.
The UX Architect will possess significant experience in areas such as User Experience, Information Architecture, UX Testing, etc. The UX Architect will be responsible for the visual design and modeling of systems and applications based on requirements gathered from stakeholders. These responsibilities include developing workflows, interactions flows/information architecture, navigational flows, and mock-ups, including conditional logic and decision points, to inform how best to build new products and services. The UX Architect will be expected to design quickly and efficiently with minimal instruction or supervision. A strong knowledge of user-centered design is essential to this position.
- Participating in stakeholder meetings exhibiting strong business communications skills and eliciting stakeholder requirements
- Creating user-centered design for software projects by considering market analysis, customer feedback, and usability findings
- Developing and communicating visual specifications
- Participating in and adding value to creative, business, and technical discussions
- Delivery of low, medium, and high fidelity page designs and scenarios
- Quickly and confidently designing wireframes, flow charts, and mock-ups
- Continuing to develop an active knowledge base of user-centered best practices
- 4-year degree in HCI, Information Science or equivalent area.
- Minimum of 3 years of user centered design, application and website development
- Creating detailed flow charts and other interaction design documentation
- Deep understanding of user-centric design including task analysis and user scenarios
- Possess the ability to collaborate with developers and engineers to define solutions
- Intimate knowledge of various browser and platform requirements
- Must be able to adapt on the fly and iterate rapidly with little to no supervision
- Experience working and collaborating with business analysts to gather stakeholder requirements
- Experience with iRise or other visualization tools like Axure, Balsamiq, etc. a big plus
From the folks at Celerity:
Celerity’s Web Presence Management Practice is hiring a Senior Level Information Architect/User Experience Designer.
This person will be part of our Web Practice, initially working with a Celerity project team on an enterprise Intranet redesign project. Onsite in the Washington, DC, area for the first 2-3 weeks then mostly remote. Initially through the end of the year, but the project will probably extend.
Ideal candidates will offer the following expertise:
- Minimum of 5 years as an Information Architect/User Experience Designer
-Experience with designing intranets or portals
- Extensive experience with stakeholder interviews, end user research (surveys and focus groups), and usability testing, preferably using Morae
- Extensive experience with Information Architecture tasks (sitemaps, wireframes)
- Some knowledge of web content management/document management is desirable
- Experience in the digital media industry would be preferred, but not required
Contact David Luscombe, +1-703-848-3702
Feel like living in Blacksburg? Have the chops to be a UX director of a growing digital agency? Then bop on over to http://iainstitute.org/jobboard/jobs/job.php?id=6578 And apply!
Some great folks who are doing great stuff.
From SB&A, here in Richmond, comes this unique, specialized job:
Digital/Interactive Strategist and Architect
We are looking for the “right” digital leader to help us establish SB&A’s digital practice and integration with traditional media.
This person will lead the development of strategy and technical brand solutions in online environments to build exceptional consumer brand experiences across web, mobile and social environments. What we want is to find that unique person who can effectively drive customer conversions and retention in terms of online engagement, profile building, and customer acquisition through online customer experiences and customer relationships supported by awareness, social, and lead generation/nurture programs.
So, the person we want has experience and capabilities in all these areas and is invigorated by tackling each day’s challenges. If you excel at all of the above then we look forward to hearing from you.
Our friends Forum One in Alexandria have a bunch of openings for IAs and UX folks:
Genworth here in Richmond has a fabulous opening for a senior UXer. To find and apply,
in the Requisition field, type
Here are the details:
Information architect / usability specialist
Work in a dynamic, agile environment with a team of Web specialists to create easy to use Web sites and Web-based tools. The ideal candidate will have collaborated with marketing professionals, business owners, end users / customers and technology teams.
- Meet with business owners to determine user goals that will drive Web sites and Web-based tools.
- Translate marketing objectives into user-centered goals.
- Develop personas, user stories, content maps, and wireframes to drive a user-centered experience.
- Work closely, collaboratively, and iteratively with all members of a Web user experience team, including Web copywriters, interactive designers, Web developers, and testing teams.
- Conduct usability audits on proposed and existing Web sites and Web-based tools.
- Participate in usability research, including writing test plans, recruiting participants, moderating / observing studies, and summarizing study results.
- Provide usability feedback on banner advertisements and promotional imagery.
- Assist in translating Web metrics into user behavior, particularly in determining solutions to potential user experience issues.
Required Skills and Experience
- 5+ years of direct experience doing work on Web usability and Web information architecture in an agency or corporate environment.
- Wireframing via tools such as Microsoft Visio or Omnigraffle.
- Experience with Web design, development, and/or testing. This may be direct experience, or indirect experience via working with a larger team.
- Strong Project Management skills with the ability to lead a multi-disciplined team in developing web solutions.
- Familiarity with different Web technologies
Optional Skills and Experience
- UX-oriented experience with mobile Web sites and/or apps, particularly in making desktop browser-based sites “mobile friendly.”
- Market research experience such as surveys, persona interviews, and focus groups.
- Hands-on Web design and/or development experience.
Affinion in Richmond is looking for a Lead Web Developer (Java)
- Acts as the lead designer for new client application and enhancements to existing client applications utilizing a thorough understanding of available technology, tools and existing designs.
- Responsible for analyzing, designing, developing, testing, and implementing efficient solutions that involve diverse platforms, software, technologies and tools.
My name is Jason Fielding and I am a recruiter with Celerity. Currently, we are in the process of filling a Web Designer position in Richmond, VA for a large Fortune 500 company designing their large corporate website.
- 4-7+ years of strong website design experience.
- Strong experience working with PhotoShop, Flash, HTML, Illustrator, CSS etc.
- Experience working on large scale websites and working in a corporate environment.
- Strong client facing and communication skills.
- Web Development experience is a big plus but not required.
This opportunity is a full-time onsite salaried position with full-benefits (sorry no telecommuting).
If you meet the requirements below and are interested in being considered for this position, please send an updated version of your resume in MS Word format and your website portfolio, salary requirements, and the best time to reach you to email@example.com
* Creating the information architecture and interaction design for transactional, informational, and marketing website
* Understanding target audiences’ needs, tasks, and goals and translating them into creative concepts and functional components
* Working closely with clients to translate business requirements into meaningful interactive experiences
* Leading and/or participating in immersive user research, concept testing, and usability testing
* Developing and/or participating in the development of user personas and scenarios to clarify results of user research and focus the team’s design efforts on the needs of key users
* Collaboratively developing prototypes for demonstration of concepts to clients
* Conducting competitive audits and market research
* Developing and documenting detailed user experience specifications for highly interactive interfaces
* Participating in User Experience thought leadership in both the company and the industry
More information on ixda.org