Richmond User Experience—also known as Richmond UX, or simply RUX—was founded in 2008 by a small group interested in meeting to talk about all things UX. Since then, RUX has grown to include more than 390 members. We incorporated as a 501(c)3 non-profit organization in 2015.
Richmond UX provides educational and social opportunities for professionals in Central Virginia to engage in User Experience. Our members come from a variety of disciplines, including interface design, human-computer interaction, information architecture, interaction design, content strategy, web, and application development, usability, and product management.
The goals of Richmond UX are:
- To be the authoritative source for the theory and practice of user experience, research, design, and evaluation in the Central Virginia region.
- To promote the value of User Experience methods to businesses, schools, and other entities.
- To cultivate a community of UX-related professionals through knowledge sharing, professional development, and networking.
RUX relies on the dedication of its members and the support of partners to serve the needs of Central Virginia’s user experience community. As a volunteer organization, we are operated by a small group of UX leaders, dedicated to promoting the concept, craft, and community of user experience. We aspire to partner with and build bridges to related disciplines and organizations, and we invite you to join us in advancing the state of user experience through research, education, advocacy, and community service.
Whether you’re a seasoned user experience professional or a newbie, please join us!
Meet The Richmond UX Board
- President: Shannon Leahy
- Vice President: Lisa D. Dance
- Secretary: Megan McCalester
- Treasurer: Katie Moriarty
- Lawrence Altaffer, Phoebe Atkins, Pollie Barden, Chris Birkmeyer, Samira Creel, Christina Dick, Tyrone Frye, Erin Hurley-Brown, Carl Joseph, Ashley Moody, Lauren Pleveich, Laura Smith, James “Sully” Sullivan
- Meetup – for event announcements
- Eventbrite – for event registration
- LinkedIn – for business networking
- Facebook (page and group) – general announcements (including events) and networking
- and, course, Twitter – all of the above, more or less.
- General inquiries and comments: firstname.lastname@example.org
- UX related job postings in Central Virginia: email@example.com
- Event inquiries, suggestions, or requests: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sponsorship or membership perk offers and inquiries: email@example.com
Richmond User Experience
PO Box 7365
Richmond, VA, 23221
Find out more about RUX and get involved.