November/December MeetingPosted: November 21, 2008
Colleagues, with the Thanksgiving holiday quickly approaching, we’re planning a combined Nov/Dec RUX meeting for the 2nd week of December. Hope you join us!
Richmond User Experience (RUX) presents:
In search of…practical usability tools and techniques
Group Discussion Series
Wednesday, December 10, 2008.
6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Affinion Loyalty Solutions.
7814 Carousel Ln
Richmond, VA 23294
One block east of the Parham and Broad intersection.
Google Map and Street View
Attendees should enter on the rear side of the building (the side closest to Parham Rd) and enter under the green awning. The meeting room is just to the left of the entrance and if the door is locked, they will need to go to the window and get someone’s attention.
Admission is free.
User experience professionals wear many hats. We are designers, information architects, interaction designers, strategists, and researchers.Usability research helps us understand how users perceive our designs and informs our ideas about how software should work.
Usability has tremendous value – no question. However, certain myths and logistical barriers sometimes limit usability activities in our organizations. What can we do to make usability research more available and accessible? How can we conduct studies faster and cheaper without sacrificing quality?
December’s group discussion will explore:
- Tools and techniques for practical usability research
- Challenges and barriers to usability research (and ways to overcome them)
What’s in it for you:
- Hear professional researchers tell their stories
- Tell your story and share your wisdom
- Learn about practical usability tools, technologies, methods, and techniques
- Joe Sokohl, UX Lead at PracticeWorks LLC
- Tom Illmensee, Information Architect at Ironworks Consulting
- Susan Teague Rector, Web Applications Manager at VCU Libraries
- Chris Eklund, Solutions Analyst at Affinion Loylty Group