Reminder RUX Book Club Next Month!Posted: March 26, 2009
Join us for our first RUX book club next month!
For April’s discussion, we’ll talk about the book Subject to Change: Creating Great Products & Services for an Uncertain World from Adaptive Path.
Format: (from UXBookClub.org)
A UX (User Experience) Book Club is a get-together in which people interested in the area of user experience come to discuss a book relevant to the discipline.
A UX Book Club would operate as follows:
- Everyone who attends should try and read the nominated book (you won’t be barred from entry, but it helps everyone get more out of the night);
- Everyone needs to jot down and bring along: 2 things in the book that really struck a chord; and 1 thing they either hated, disagreed with; or don’t understand.
- The book would be within the practice of user experience, which might include books like Indi Young’s Mental Models; Dan Saffer’s Design Gestural Interfaces; Todd Zaki Warfel’s forthcoming Prototyping; and classics such as The Design of Everyday Things; Don’t Make Me Think; The Inmates Are Running the Asylum; etc.
- The book should not be arduous to read!
- We’ll vote on next month’s book at the current meeting.
In keeping with the book-club theme we will meet somewhere like a wine bar or a bookstore. The important thing is that the noise level has to be low, and be able to accommodate a group of 15-30 people.
We’ll keep the book club updated via the UX Book Club site: http://www.uxbookclub.org/doku.php?id=richmond_va
Wednesday April, 29, 2009, First Book Club Discussion Group
6pm – 8pm
Book: Subject to Change: Creating Great Products & Services for an Uncertain World from Adaptive Path (http://tinyurl.com/cgzffc)
Looking forward to seeing you!
The RUX Planning Team