To Be Designed Conf. [Local Viewing]Posted: April 17, 2017
Once again, RichmondUX will host a local viewing of a Rosenfeld Media virtual conference. As with our previous viewings, those who attended thought watching the online sessions together—and networking before, during and after—featured all the benefits of a larger one-day conference, minus the travel.
It’s been a while since our last meetup, and even longer since our most recent programming. Seating at Gather is limited, so grab your tickets before they go. Whether you are able to join us for the conference or not, please plan to meet up with us afterward starting at 5:30 at a place, well, to be determined. 😉
See below for more details:
What is the “near future” of design? It’s the stuff that’s far out enough to be fascinating, but not so far out that you can’t imagine ever working on it.
To Be Designed features six fantastic speakers who will take you on a tour of six “near-future” topics: the Internet of things, agentive technology, wearables, conversational UI design, designing with robots, and ethics for designing in the AI era.
What You’ll Get
- Presentations: 6 practical, comprehensive presentations (40-45 minutes each).
- Discussions: Short Q&A sessions with speakers after each presentation.
- Recordings: Lifetime access to the recordings.
Date: Tuesday, April 25th
Time: 9:00am to 5:00p
Location: Gather RVA – Downtown location (409 E Main Street)
- 9:00-9:30: Check-in and open networking
- 9:30-10:20am: Ethics for the IA Age with Cennydd Bowles
- 10:30-11:20am: Crafting Holistic Product Experiences: Using Light, Sound and Motion in Your Design Palette with Carla Diana
- 11:30-12:20pm: Designing Conversations with Giles Colborne
- 12:30-1:00pm: Trends from the Design in Tech Report 2017 with John Maeda
- 1:00-2:00pm: Lunch Break
- 2-2:50pm: The UX of Predictive Behavior for the Internet of Thingswith Mike Kuniavsky
- 3-3:50pm: Wearable tech: It’s not what you wear, it’s how you wear it with Liza Kindred
- 4-4:50pm: Designing Agentive Technology: AI that Works for Peoplewith Chris Noessel
For presentation synopsis, please visit the Rosenfeld Media event page.