World IA Day in RVA!Posted: January 30, 2019
It’s official! Richmond VA is going to be a host city for World IA Day in 2019.
- What is World IA Day? It is a one-day, global festival of all things IA (Information Architecture), UX, Interaction Design, Design Strategy, User Research and related disciplines. Host cities around the world all have events on the same day.
- When is it? Saturday, February 23 from 9-4:30 PM
- Where will it be? It will be hosted at the VCU Brandcenter
103 S Jefferson St, Richmond, VA 23284
- Who should come?: Anyone interested in learning how design can change the world.
- Is there a theme?: Design for Difference.
From their website:
“As designers, we are responsible for creating worlds of experiences, environments, services, and systems that impact millions of people – with lasting impacts. While we don’t have a Hippocratic Oath, it’s important for us to follow a similar goal to “do good” and “do not harm.” It is our responsibility as IA’s to consider the consequences and impact our design decisions have on humanity and society as a whole.
Research is a foundational step in the design process. It ensures that we understand and account for diverse user needs within communities, both in our own domains and globally.”
Learn more here: (https://www.worldiaday.org/2019)
Speakers and Panelists:
Kim Rees – Head of Data Experience Design, Capital One
Samantha Willis – Freelance Journalist
Zach Bryant – Creative Director, Journey Group
Meghna Murali – Clinical Research Coordinator, Children’s National Health System
Andrew Levasseur – Experience Design Chair, VCU Brandcenter
Lisa Dance – UX Analyst, Genworth
Laura Turner Reid – User Research Director, ICF Olson
Scott Nixon – Manager of AI Systems Design, Capital One
Erin White – Head of Digital Engagement, VCU Libraries
Heather Winkle – VP of Card Design, Capital One
Go to our event page to register and save your spot!