Agility for UX ProfessionalsPosted: October 29, 2009 Filed under: meetings, tools & methods, Uncategorized Comments Off on Agility for UX Professionals
When & Where
Wednesday, November 18, 2009
6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
4121 Cox Road, Suite 205
Richmond, VA 23060
Questions? Call 804-549-4107
- RSVP by email so we can know how much pizza to get!
User experience professionals often find themselves working on projects with tight deadlines, tighter budgets, and unreasonably high expectations for success. Too often user research, usability, and design processes are compressed or even cut entirely for the sake of time, while development and business analysis time is increased. As we UX professionals become more involved with agile development methods, we have discovered novel approaches to user-centered design that are adaptable to any budget or deadline.
This discussion will explore how user research, usability, IA and design practices are adapted and thrive in projects that seem inhospitable to UXD.
Two hours of UX war stories from the trenches!
Who this is for:
- Information architects (IAs)
- Interaction designers (IxDs)
- Visual designers
- Project managers
- Business analysts
- Agile enthusiasts & critics alike
We will discuss:
- How to provide timely and valuable UX support to stressed web development teams
- How to let go and modify research/design/development dogmas
- How to advocate for users when time for user research and usability are unavailable
- How to balance rigor, quality, and speed
Free pizza and soda for the first 15 attenders, sponsored by Regular Joe Consulting, LLC.