[JOB] Information Architect/Vienna, VAPosted: November 25, 2009
If interested, contact RUX co-founder firstname.lastname@example.org ++++
Ironworks Consulting is seeking an experienced Information Architect (IA) to lead and coordinate the design and prototyping of navigation,
content structuring and workflow for various client initiatives. The Ironworks IA will work with clients to analyze and understand their
business requirements while providing workflow analysis, content hierarchies, user interface requirements, wireframe diagrams, and
documentation. The Information Architect produces high-level documents articulating how a proposed architecture addresses strategic,
business, user, and functional requirements.
Position opening is in Vienna, VA.
This might be for you if you enjoy:
- Leading and coordinating the prototyping and design of web site structure and user interface
- Acting as project lead, analyst, and/or designer
- Facilitating a collaborative web-site design across marketing, business development, creative, technical and operational areas
- Participating in usability testing and capturing specific target audience feedback and incorporating that feedback into site design
- Capturing website requirements including brand message, marketing, customer experience, operational, engineering and usability requirements
- Evaluating and documenting stakeholder needs & wants
- Performing gap and impact analyses
- Building Sitemaps, Wireframes, Prototypes and documentation that clearly articulate site/application structure and organization
- Ensuring ease of navigation and simplicity of design
- Communicating the site design/structure to the business and engineering teams
- Performing usability test planning, execution, reviews and results analysis
- Reviewing and providing feedback throughout development lifecycle
- Evaluating and incorporating statistical indicators and information captured through WebTrends and related sources into the interactive design to continuously improve and evolve the end-user experience
What we are looking for:
- Minimum of 3 years experience designing and developing Information Architecture for web sites and/or applications
- Minimum of 5 years experience working with Web content, information analysis, and copywriting.
- Solid understanding of information architecture and user interface design concepts and techniques
- IA experience within a SharePoint or MOSS environment
- Strong conceptual and strategic thinking skills
- Excellent group facilitation skills
- Strong requirements gathering skills in interviewing, surveying and leveraging focus group results
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Keen sense of customer experience and target audience analysis
- Familiarity with use case specification, user scenarios and usability testing
For immediate consideration, send resumes and samples to
The work, the people, the experience
Ironworks has a unique corporate culture built by people who love what they do, respect the people they work with and enjoy the experience of working closely with customers to achieve measurable results. What you will find at Ironworks are smart, honest people who have one
mission: never fail a client.
Ironworks specializes in the use of Web technologies to solve business problems through the combination of strategy, technology and design.
Ironworks has earned a reputation for delivering on what it promises, deploying a team of experts on every engagement and completing
projects on time and on budget. The firm offers expertise to clients nationwide in the practice areas of IT Strategy, Program Management,
User Experience, Content Management and Portal Development, Business Intelligence, and Custom Application Development. Ironworks operates from offices in Glen Allen, VA, McLean, VA and Cary, NC.
For more information on Ironworks, visit www.ironworks.com
Ironworks Consulting is an equal employment opportunity employer. We adhere to a policy of making employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age or disability. We assure you that your opportunity for employment with Ironworks depends solely on your qualifications.