[JOB] UX ArchitectPosted: January 27, 2012
Here’s a new job opportunity from Udig. It’s a direct hire position with the base salary ranging from $65-$80K. For more info, or to submit your resume and portfolio, contact Andy Tullo (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Our cutting edge client in the digital space is expanding its User Experience team and has an immediate full-time position available for a User Experience Architect on their team. The successful candidate will have 2-3 years of experience working on client facing projects and will join a team of highly experienced UX professionals. This is a unique opportunity to join an exciting company and work alongside some of the DC area’s best UX minds.
The UX Architect will possess significant experience in areas such as User Experience, Information Architecture, UX Testing, etc. The UX Architect will be responsible for the visual design and modeling of systems and applications based on requirements gathered from stakeholders. These responsibilities include developing workflows, interactions flows/information architecture, navigational flows, and mock-ups, including conditional logic and decision points, to inform how best to build new products and services. The UX Architect will be expected to design quickly and efficiently with minimal instruction or supervision. A strong knowledge of user-centered design is essential to this position.
- Participating in stakeholder meetings exhibiting strong business communications skills and eliciting stakeholder requirements
- Creating user-centered design for software projects by considering market analysis, customer feedback, and usability findings
- Developing and communicating visual specifications
- Participating in and adding value to creative, business, and technical discussions
- Delivery of low, medium, and high fidelity page designs and scenarios
- Quickly and confidently designing wireframes, flow charts, and mock-ups
- Continuing to develop an active knowledge base of user-centered best practices
- 4-year degree in HCI, Information Science or equivalent area.
- Minimum of 3 years of user centered design, application and website development
- Creating detailed flow charts and other interaction design documentation
- Deep understanding of user-centric design including task analysis and user scenarios
- Possess the ability to collaborate with developers and engineers to define solutions
- Intimate knowledge of various browser and platform requirements
- Must be able to adapt on the fly and iterate rapidly with little to no supervision
- Experience working and collaborating with business analysts to gather stakeholder requirements
- Experience with iRise or other visualization tools like Axure, Balsamiq, etc. a big plus